Sunday, December 2, 2007

Great Weekend

It was so fun having Aaron around for a weekend. It's been months since I've seen someone from home, and I was really missing that. One of the things I realize I miss most about being around long-time friends are the inside jokes! When you've known people for several years, you have so much to make fun of and bring up from the past...it's great! You really don't have that with new friends.

We spent the weekend in Sacramento, not Santa Rosa, because I was on call this weekend. Yes, you heard me right, I was on call. :( I was pretty frustrated going into the weekend that I couldn't get out of it, but that's the job I guess. But the Lord definitely answered my prayers in that I only had one page while Aaron was here! That's pretty much unheard of. In my previous on call weekends, I've always had at least a couple calls per day. So Saturday was callless and we had a blast! Also, we stayed at a nice hotel downtown paid for by Medtronic, so that was kinda nice.

Last night we ate at a restaurant called Stonegrill & Bar. I had a Kobe steak for the first time. I was kinda disappointed with it. It wasn't as tender as I expected it to be, especially considering the Japanese massage the cows to make it more tender! At this restaurant, you actually cook your own meat on a 750 degree lava rock in front of you. (It's moisture activated, so if your finger is dry, you can actually touch the rock and not get ridiculously burned). I just seared it a couple minutes on each side and had a nice cool, red center. I love my rare steak!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Glad you got to spend the weekend with Aaron! I'm sure it was refreshing. After being home for thanksgiving and getting together with Chrisp, Tate and I realized how much we missed connecting with old friends that we didn't have to explain our story to.

U didn't like the Kobe steak!? Kidding me....I think maybe the problem was the cook? =) I'm not a huge meet eater, but I loved Kobe!

Also I heard you were wondering about the cars on the tree....yeah we accidently forgot those at your mom's house....but on the bright side Tate loves the tree how it is now...(I think I got him converted) =)

Hope things are well! Christmas is almost here! =)

Aaron D said...

Yeeehawww buddy! I had a blast! Keep 'em ticking out there!