Thursday, December 20, 2007

Crazy Day

The last 24 hours are just a blurr! I found out yesterday evening that I would have to travel to the town of Chico (home of Sierra Nevada beer which was founded by two college students--how sweet that would be!) which is 3 hours from Santa Rosa. That wasn't great new as I would have to wake up around 5 am, but that's been done before, so no big deal.

So then last night was the first time I've had plans with friends outside of work since I've moved to Santa Rosa (not that I don't enjoy my coworkers, but it's good to diversify!) We went to a Messiah Sing-a-long at a local high school. For those of you enthusiasts of classic music score, this is Handel's choral piece based on the life of Christ and is where the "Hallelujah Chorus" came from. I sang parts of this score in high school, so a sing-a-long sounded fun (I'm showing my dorky side)! At this sing-a-long, the audience is the choir and they handed out the music at the door (I think I may by my own music and practice for next year.) I sat by an attractive girl who I mustered up the courage to talk to! She ended up being a senior at the high school, so of course, I got her number, and will probably tutor her in calculus. (That's a joke by the way, it'll probably be trigonometry) :) During the Messiah, I was really enjoying myself and surprised at how much of the music I actually remembered. The "Hallelujah Chorus" is the third song from the end and I really wanted to sing it, but I decided it'd be best to leave at intermission which was at 9:00 PM since I had to wake up around 5 AM.

On my way home, I received a phone call informing me that I needed to go to Redding instead of Chico (240 miles from Santa Rosa) and that the clinic starts a half hour earlier. This necessitated waking up at 3:30 AM to leave my place by 4! Needless to say, I wasn't real excited. So on my way I texted Aaron since he's on the east coast and figured he'd be on his way to work. Well, I had been on the road for an hour and Aaron informed me he was just leaving for work (he's three hours ahead of me!) How ridiculous!

Overall, the clinic went well, the patients were nice, and my coworkers in Redding were very glad I came. I got back to Santa Rosa at 5:30 PM (a 12 hour work day with 8 hours of driving) and had a beer at a local bar with some friends. I had a Sierra Nevada, kind of an ironic beer choice in retrospect (refer to first paragraph)!

3 comments:

Aaron D said...

Well - you caught me. I've been gettin' lazy on my way to work - I just love sleep so much more than work.

But nice work with the pretty girl! Next step is decreasing the age differential... In the words of Johnny-toohottie-Lund:

"Grooohohohohossssss."

Megan said...

you were in lincoln. you stayed at the house. i did not see you. neither did cameron. i sense that she really misses you ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW.. good job with the younger girl Tanner. Hey at least its a girl right? Just maybe next time pay more attention to her to see how old she is? But baby steps.. baby steps