Friday, November 30, 2007

LOL...

All these text messaging shorthand of words and abbreviations get kind of confusing. LOL, WTF, NBD, J/K, how are we supposed to keep up with all these? BFD right? Well, it is a BFD!

Whenever I would text message some joke or funny comment to a coworker, he would reply with "LOL". I thought that stood for "lots of love"! I'm not sure why I thought that, but I figured that's what it meant. It didn't seem like the most natural thing to say in that context, but, being in California, I figured it must be a common response to something funny. Well, as my good friend Aaron pointed out, it means "laugh out loud!" That makes so much more sense! TTYL!

3 comments:

Aaron D said...

AHAHAHA... haha... aha... hah... heh... LOL.

I wish I could hold this over yer head, but I happen to be several light years behind the latest advances in communication-speak ... so, here's to keepin' it old school -

Unknown said...

lots of love tanner, lots of love...

Levi Drake said...

Wow, Tanner. Seriously?