Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Happy Thanksgiving! I wasn't sure what to expect this year in regards to my Thanksgiving weekend. Every year I look forward to the holiday weekend because it means lots of relaxation, great food eating, and football. My favorite thing to do is eat a huge meal and dessert, and then just lay around all day watching football. Being in California this year, I was looking forward to the time off work, but didn't know how enjoyable the weekend was going to be. As it turns out, it was a great weekend!

I spent Wednesday night through Friday evening in Sacramento. I stayed with a coworker of mine and his wife, Nick and Carrie. It was great! They have a nice house and they're so enjoyable to be around. On Thanksgiving evening, we went over to Carrie's parent's house and had both fried turkey and smoked turkey. Both were great, but the smoked turkey was the moistest turkey I've ever had in my life! At the house were both sides of parents and siblings. They were all so nice, it really felt like I was around actual family.

Today, I was back in Santa Rosa and was able to get more settled into my place. This afternoon, I went to Bella Wine Caves, a beautiful winery in Dry Creek Valley. A friend of mine was pouring, so I decided to go check it out. It was a great time! 4 miles off the highway on a single lane road. It is so much more of an intimate setting in the hills than Napa Valley is. Napa Valley wineries are right off a busy highway, and the wineries in this area are off a single lane road. Definitely gonna take people up when they come visit! Soon I'll post pics of my condo so you all can see it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tanner! Happy Thanksgiving...I'm so glad it was great for you :) Also, Bella vineyard/cave is my favorite! How lucky are you?!

I cooked a turkey for thanksgiving, my first ever...it was pretty moist as well, but I'm sure not as moist as a smoked turkey. I am just happy it was edible, to tell you the truth. Anyway, miss ya! We are thankful to know you!

Levi Drake said...

Tanner, i thought about you over the holiday. I'm glad to hear it was a good one!