Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tanner-isms

I've realized that there are things about me, quirks if you will, that my roommates over the years have pointed out that are actually true. How have I come to this conclusion? Well, these same Tanner-isms have been observed by coworkers here! Recently, I was working with my boss in a clinic and was telling some information to a doctor while she watched. Afterwards, she observed that I was talking "pretty loudly" to him and was using very "large hand gestures"! I told her that my roommates (ahemm, Levi and Jeff) in college used to yell at me for talking when they were trying to sleep. I didn't think my voice carried that much but I guess it does!

I've also been accused of being a "heel-walker." On an upstairs wood floor, my footsteps can be heard pretty loudly from below, or so I've been told (ahemmm, Aaron and Levi). I went to the Walking Company to buy insoles for my shoes and they had me stand on a pressure senser to see how the pressure distribution on the bottom of my foot is. The guy said, "Wow. You put a lot of pressure on your heels!" I couldn't help but laugh. I guess I am a "heel-walker!"