Sunday, November 18, 2007

First Sunday in Santa Rosa

Well, here I am in Santa Rosa. My first weekend here. I finally moved up to Santa Rosa for good. And none too soon, as I have grown weary of weekdays in Santa Rosa and weekends in Sacramento. I treated myself to Tater Tot Casserole as my first meal in my new place! Gotta keep to my Nebraska farm roots. However, I did sip on a glass of Cabernet grown here in the Northern Coast as I ate my casserole. Midwest farm boy meets California wine country!

I am a little irked sitting here, though, as I have found some things in my condo that are less than acceptable. My dishwasher smells like burning rubber when it runs, and it drains through this nozzel into the sink (disgusting). My washer quit working on me after three loads. This condo complex can't have satellite dishes, so I had to buy out of my two year contract with Dish Network after only 3 months of having it -- kinda pricy. There's no silverware holder for the dishwasher, and no drain baskets or stoppers for the kitchen sink. And finally, the middle of the bathtub is lower than the drain, so I have to use a squeegee push the water to the drain after every shower. Yes, this all kinda pisses me off as I am paying a good chunk of my salary to rent this freakin' place! Oh well, I guess a nice conversation with the landlord will have to be had.

Here's some picks of the area I took today. Enjoy!Vineyard 15 minutes from Santa Rosa toward Napa Valley
Overlook of Santa Rosa
Sunset at the Pacific 30 minutes from Santa Rosa (that's me!)

5 comments:

Brenna said...

U should put some pics up of your place so I can see where I am going to be sleeping when I come to visit!! Hope things are well for you. We are missing you and looking forward to Christmas!!

O yeah I gotta chick from my class who wants to meet ya...she saw and talked (semi-stalked..yeah kinda weird) Tate at our OT bondfire on Saturday nite and I assured her there is another good-looking nice boy like Tate...his twin brother Tanner! =)

Levi Drake said...

First... oh jeez, Brenna. Second, Tanner I really hope I get to visit you out there sometime soon. Those pictures are amazing! I'm a little jealous.

Aaron D said...

Niiiiiiiiice buddy! Wow - how long did it take you to pose that one by the ocean? C'mon be honest - you should post the failed ones next blog.

Lookin' forward to seeing ya in a week or so!

Unknown said...

yes, tanner, i've seen your photos...i'm very jealous. that feeling is sure to melt away when i'm skiing down powder next weekend, like you said. what an incredible place to live. hope you are feeling the fullness of all your blessing right now, bud...happy thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

oh, and thanks (SO MUCH) for your prayers. they work, you know?