Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Monday Night B-Ball

I must say I'm pretty darn sore today! My right groin is tender, my back aches, and legs could barely get me up and down the stairs today. All this from 2 hours of basketball last night! I've been playing on Monday nights recently at a local high school. There are usually enough guys for 4 teams of six and we play two cross courts. Until playing there, I had yet to see a wooden basketball court in California! The YMCA and 24 Hour Fitness both have rubber floors that my grade school court puts to shame.

I remember back in the day, I used to be able to 2 hours of basketball every night for 4 months straight. Those were, of course, during the glory days of high school! The days where I would be the guy in whose hands the coach wanted the ball to be in down by one in the conference championship game. Now I'm just a has-been baller that can barely hold his own on a court against 45 year-old men. I still have the heart, but I definitely ain't got the moves! The good ballers can score at will on me, and the slowest ones can steal it from me! Oh well, I have nowhere to go but up, so I'll keep on playing and hopefully my body and mind can catch up to my heart. I do have one consolation though, even my worst baller days, I'm still much better than Zach in his best days!

4 comments:

Levi Drake said...

You just can't resist opening that yearbook, can you?

Brenna said...

Levi and tanner-->you need to stop this yearbook stuff...seriously.

........o ya i should pry put a =) behind that so you guys don't take it seriously and right me back with a sermon...hehe

Zach--> love ya...sorry Tanner keeps attacking you. =)

Tanner-->Tate's quite a baller these days...he schooled this black guy last nite....well 1 out of 3 times he did!

Tanner Reed said...

I consider it more of a retaliation to Zach's multiple attacks on me recently!

Brenna, it doesn't count when it's a black non-athlete. Was his name Chikezie? :) Looks like we should have some warm weather and sun when you're here!

Brenna said...

Tanner...so excited to come...but 65 is not warm weather...=)