Sunday, March 23, 2008

59 Holes in 5 Days

Whew! The last nine days have been a whirlwind. Tate, Brenna, Jeff, and Amanda (Brenna's friend) came to visit me last Friday. They stayed until Wednesday, except Jeff, who just left today. There was much fun to be had which I will fill you in on very soon. But in short, I'm definitely in friend withdrawal right now!

For the last five days, Jeff and I have hit the golf courses around Santa Rosa, We averaged 12 holes per evening after I got done with work each day. And then on Saturday we played at a really sweet course in the redwoods about 12 miles from the ocean, designed by the same guy who designed Augusta. The course was only 9 holes and was pretty short, but it was pretty darn narrow! There were several times where my ball ricocheted off several trunks and still managed to land in the fairway! Frustrations aside, it was definitely a gorgeous course and we had a blast. All told, we ended up laying 59 holes of golf in 5 days...I didn't even want to look at my clubs today! The most frustrating thing is I played my best golf on the first 9 holes on Tuesday, and it went downhill from there!

Pics of Northwood Golf Club in the redwoods




1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I am so jealous. I went to the Redwoods on fam vacation forever ago and it was gorgeous. Everytime I see you out in CA I am envious. Looks like you guys had a great time!