Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Friends and Fam! (Day 2 of 4)

After dominating the Sonoma wine valley, it was time to make our Nebraska footprint in "the City" (San Francisco). Aside from the crazy liberalness, I really enjoy San Fran! Not only is it the home city of Michael Savage (genious radio-host who wrote the book 'Liberalism is a Mental Disorder'), but it's really a neat city with a lot of character. And we had a great day for it...60's and sunny. Overall, we did the usual...Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Alta Plaza overlook of the city...but then we added a pretty darn sweet twist: GoCars!!!

Every time I had been to the City before, I had seen these little three-wheeled, two-seater yellow go-cart things zooming around on the streets. After searching on Google for a half hour (ya, kinda long for a google search, but that's Al Gore for ya!) I found it...GoCars! And we were all in agreement that they are a must do! And I must admit, I really don't know how these things are legal on the streets. They have a GPS guided system that take you all over the City...Golden Gate National Park, Cliffhouse, Robin William's house (I guess he lives in San Fran), Alamo Square, Lombard Street...but then we also took them off the course and went our own ways too. We spent 3 hours racing around the city and after getting multiple weird looks and waves, and water balloons thrown at us, we ended our rampage! Oh my, I don't think San Francisco saw this coming...they can handle the Purple Hand of the Gay Agenda, and the crazy protests of CodePink against the Marine recruiters (see http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/07/berkeley.protests/index.html), but they definitely couldn't handle these five Nebraskans (well, I guess 4 nebraskans and 1 minnesotan...emphasis on the "o") tearin' up their streets!

In front of GGB at Crissy Park


These things rock! There's Jeff struggling along behind!


Driving down Lombard Street...we were definitely the shiznit...lots of foreigners waving and taking pics!


Recognize these houses? Here's a hint:
What ever happend to predictability?
The milk man, the paper boy, evening T.V
You miss your old familar friends, but
waiting just around the bend.
Everywhere you look...
Chity Chi bob botta!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo I pretty much LOVE that you sang the theme song to Full House! I was isnging right along with ya:)

Levi Drake said...

You would, Tanner... in reference to everything mentioned. haha, the pictures are hilarious, btw. Sounds like a blast!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.