Saturday, February 23, 2008

24 in 24

As we speak, I am just about 5/6 the way through season 4 of 24. I started it last night, took an 8 hour sleeping break, and am going strong since 10 A.M this morning. (I did take a brief break last night when I sliced my finger pretty bad cutting bread. Worst cut I've ever had, but no stitches). I don't think I'll be able to do it in 24 hours, but it'll be close! I knew I was playing with fire when I started this season, but I didn't think it'd be this bad....

To my credit, I did have a somewhat productive day today, and I planned on going out this afternoon. I got my taxes pretty much finished. And I was planning on going bowling and having a Mexican dinner with friends from church. I made guacamole (while watching 24), and was getting ready to go, when I noticed that the date on the bowling occasion was next Saturday - not today! So I have quite a bit of guac in my fridge to munch on during the rest of my 24 marathon! If you'll excuse me now, I'm going to refocus my attention on the episode playing in front of me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ner...i just got back from a great visit to chicago...in fact, it was almost perfect. except it wasn't quite. because you weren't there. and i'm not just saying that. we missed you...though i'm sure you were glad you got to avoid the cold and our heated debates for the weekend. :) much. love. bud.

Levi Drake said...

Tanner... i tried to call and invite you last week but you didn't answer. That sucks.

JK, but I did try to call though I didn't think you would want to fly out on short notice for the weekend. Anyway, you were missed. Hopefully we can do it again with you present. Cheers.

Zach said...

WE BOUGHT A BBQ IN CHICAGO, A BBQ IN CHICAGO!! They call it a grill in Nebraska.

Did you cook the guac on your BBQ? They call it a grill in Nebraska.

Vegas at the end of April? Let me know. Just a quick fun weekend with the boys, what do you say?

Anonymous said...

So Sam sent me to your blog to read about the BBQ and grill and how they call a grill a BBQ in California (the Zach kid cracks me up)! And I do feel a little sad for u that u get so involved in American Idol (and 24). You seemingly did not have a as cool a V-day as last year! Later man...
Kim