Tuesday, May 13, 2008

East meets West!

This was it (a couple weekends ago)...my much awaited weekend to NYC to visit Aaron and B-Black! I caught the red eye from San Fran at 11 PM Wednesday night and landed in Newark at 7 AM. Luckily, I took my benedryl and was able to catch a bit of sleep on the plane. Enjoy my picture blog of NYC!

I gotta see my homeboy Joba Chamberlain pitch an inning at a Yankees game!

Us at Central Park...that place is huge! We got interviewed by the Discovery Channel on a special they're doing on the rainforest. They were pretty impressed with our knowledge...they'll probably be calling us for future specials :)


Time Square at night is a sweet place!


This was our Broadway show of choice (my choice). The biggest regret of the whole trip was that I didn't choose Phantom of the Opera (across the street). The consulation was that our tickets were amazing...8th row in the center!

The sweetest pub ever! It was no surprise that the chugging champion was yours truly :) We were all having a good time until Black took out our old Irish waiter with his drunken elbow!


We lost Aaron's two umbrella's during our night of debauchery, but luckily, I found this sweet one at Grand Central Station!

Ground Zero...


If you squint you can see Lady Liberty! (Aaron, did you know if you use the zoom feature, you can make far away objects look bigger? :)


Damn eagles landing on Aaron's head!


NYC...no place like it

I can't wait to go back! Aaron was a great host, putting up with my indecision about which Broadway show to go to, chosing Xanadu, and then whining that we didn't go to Phantom (I'm sure no one can picture this!) And Black was a trooper for sleeping on the couch so I could have the air mattress (Black sleeping on a couch in his underwear with the TV on...can anyone see this happing? :) With all the changes that happen in life (i.e. friends spread throughout the US)...it's good to see that some things stay the same!

2 comments:

Aaron D said...

Dude - so good to have ya here!

...and if I remember correctly, Erica was the chug-champ at McSorley's.

but then again there's a strong chance that I don't remember much from McSorley's correctly...

BBlack said...

Dude! Great times! It was so great having you out here man! Glad you got to see my place and out to eat in good 'ol Montclair.

I'm super pumped to come out there this fall, franCISCooh! Haha. Can't wait to do some wine tasting in your backyard there!
I'm glad your only real regret was not seeing Phantom, you can come back later and we'll check that one out.