Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

I have definitely come to enjoy the climate that California offers. However, the winters of NorCal do bring with it one unpleasantry -- rain! I haven't seen the sun for about a week now. It hasn't been raining constantly, but there have been a couple of days where the rain never quit. And on the days it's not raining, it's been overcast. No, I'm not comparing it to sub-zero wind chills in the Midwest, but it does take its toll on guy!

I spent yesterday afternoon through this morning in the Oakland area on call. It wasn't bad, I stayed in a nice hotel in a nice area. Even though I was just complaining about the weather, it was still 50 degrees last evening, so I took a dip in the outdoor pool and hot tub. It was glorious! I then ate at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse which is a higher class steakhouse in big cities. I treated myself to a $49 T-bone steak courtesy Medtronic. It was great! However, I was disappointed because they were out of the Kobe. Then I wondered over to a French Bistro for a poached pear topped with homemade ice cream and chocolate sauce...mmmm.

This week I'm planning on buying a grill (or barbecue as they call it here). Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Zach said...

Enjoy it bro, it sounds awesome. Miss you and your bro a lot these days, hopefully we can chat soon!

Levi Drake said...

Nice work, Tanner. Nice work.

Aaron D said...

Good to see ya back in the blog-saddle again.

Make sure you get a Stainless Weber that season's your grillin's for ya and that can be programmed to make a mean potato-salad. Anything less would just be settling.