Monday, September 1, 2008

California Giant Redwoods

Recently I had to do a drive up north on Hwy 101, pretty much to the Oregon border, for work. It was a 6 hr drive each way. The upside to this drive was that it goes through the middle of the famed California Giant Redwoods. On my way back, I took a little detour on a road called Avenue of the Giants. Also, the final hour of driving north goes along the ocean which has some pretty sweet views. I basically ended about 30 miles from the Oregon border and at that point, was closer to Portland than to San Francisco; did my work duties, then turned around and headed home. All I can say is thank goodness for John Piper and Michael Savage podcasts for keeping me sane during the 12 hrs of driving!

A bit of fog rolling in off of the Pacific

Hitchhikers are a common site along the highway. On an unrelated note, this area is where some of the finest weed in the world is grown!

Look closely and you'll see people jumping off the rock into the river. If I had my swimsuit with me I would have loved to join them!


Entering the Avenue of the Giants...30 miles of this!


I mean, I'm a pretty big guy, but that's a pretty big tree!


I couldn't resist the "Drive-through Tree!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pretty cool ner...

i have to say, i must hand it to you for the little trick you played on brenna...zach let me in on it this morning and i was laughing that you even found a way to make it seem like it was someone else. funny stuff. terrible, but funny. i really would love to have a sensible discussion with you regarding ms. palin. i think it would be entertaining. :)

hope you are grand...are you going to levi's wedding? i am assuming so!