Saturday, July 5, 2008

My first post high school organized race!

On the 4th of July I did my first organized race! I was pretty excited...I had been training for a good couple weeks, so I knew I was prepared. It was called the Kenwood Foot Race and it's in the small town of Kenwood just outside Santa Rosa (you may have heard of Kenwood wines) nestled amongst the vineyards. There were over 2,000 runners, so I was a bit intimidated to say the least...but I got in the top 75 averaging just over 7 minute miles! So I hit my goal, a total time of 13 minutes 57 seconds (my goal was to be under 14 minutes)...the race was a 3k :) I almost caught a 10 year old girl in front of me, but I just couldn't do it! (But karma was on my side because she puked afterwards, haha). Maybe I'll tackle a 10k next. After the race, there was a pancake breakfast at a nearby church that we hit up...some of the best pancakes I've had!


Steven on the left and Gary in the middle, my coworkers, also ran. (Steven did the 10k).


3 comments:

HSUY10 said...

Times like this you should be wearing that Medtronic Mission in Motion T-shirt! YOU GOTTA REPRESENT! And send that to JP so he can send to higher up! Exposure tanner! Think about this kind of stuff...haha just kidding man. Looks like your co-workers are fun

Levi Drake said...

Good on ya, mate! Pretty soon you'll be asking me for training schedules. Let's do the 10K next year!

Unknown said...

what? no shane claiborne blog?

:)

can't wait to hear about it!