Monday, June 18, 2007

My First

So I decided to follow the pop culture of the day and start a blog. My friends would probably tell you that I'm somewhat susceptible to peer pressure, so this should not be a surprise! A recent conversation with a friend illuminated me to the fact that I'm growing out of Facebook, so I need some other avenue by which to allow people to see what's going on in my life. (An alternative is to drive in front of my apartment complex at night and look into my glass sliding door/window where my shades are usually open and just peek in....Wow...that's kind of a creepy thought....I'm gonna shut my shades now!) I've never really been the literary type so I can see one of two things coming of this. I may uncover an eloquent side of me that can unleash emotions in cleverly worded prose. Or, I may have a grocery list of my activities I did for the day. My engineering side screams for the latter, but only time will tell which style of writing I will lean towards! (or toward).

All this being said, today I:
Went to work
Lifted my back and shoulders at the gym
Ate a microwaved hotdog with a protein shake for supper (Yes, I said 'supper'. I am farm kid)
Went to Bible Study
Wrote my blog
Went to bed (This is what I call "future tense" writing)!

Good night and good luck!

6 comments:

Levi Drake said...

Nice work, Tanner. Haha. Nice work.

Carissa Martin said...

Hey Tanner, nice to hear you are "advancing" in your technological communication. :) Excellent work! Hope all is well for you!

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

what's up ner. it is quite a fun thing to do when you have a spare minute...especially when you live away from friends. =) Heard a good update on your life from Aaron when he was up here. Glad to hear it. Wouldn't expect anything less. when will you find out about where you will move to?? that will be a fun time...just don't send yourself hangers in the mail again. =) hahaha... good to hear from you.

Levi Drake said...

is that a bit of a belly i'm seeing there, working man?

Carissa Martin said...

Dude! you can't start a blog then not ever post. :) Its not kosher!

Heather Lea said...

congratulations on a big step, my friend.